Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Prince Charming Is Not Coming


(Disclaimer: Prince Charming - is a metaphor used by the author to refer to happiness in general. For some it may refer to Job Security, Social Security System, a good husband, a good credit card balance. Read: I am not that pathetic.)

When I was a little girl, I had a complete collection of Disney Fairy Tales. The set of tapes had been a favorite and back then, I would usually find myself watching the Disney cartoons over and over. As a result, I grew up a hopeless romantic. And just like what Rhonda Byrne has been emphasizing in the book "The Secret," you attract what you think. So for a period of time, the recurring flashback of the evil stepsisters, wicked witch's poisoned apple and the rest of the villains turned me into one hell of a Damsel in Distress!

I always thought Prince Charming would come an sweep me off my feet and lead me to happily ever after. I was wrong. I jumped from one heartache to another, one struggle to the next... I was busy looking for the Prince in every person's eyes. Until I got tired. I realized, "Prince Charming.. is not coming." --- and then, I was happy.

I was happy because I realized I just have to search inside so I can find the never ending stream of happiness. I learned I cannot control people, circumstances, everything external. But, I can always summon the heroine in me to take charge of my life.

I vowed to myself - in the presence of the moon and the stars - that I will never cry over wrong decisions and will never let anything or anyone get in the way of my dreams.

I was in one chapter of my "Dark Ages" when I saw Coach Willy's invitation to the Life Entrepreneurship Program. I was struck. I felt RENAISSANCE creeping into my system! Every part of it seemed to make sense at that moment:
LIFE - I need one, a good one. Quick!
ENTREPRENEURSHIP - I know, I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur.
PROGRAM - I felt there was a solid plan in it.

Without much hesitation, I sent an e-mail to Willy and convinced him why I deserve to learn from their experiences. I have the skills (but not enough on how to make them all work in harmony), I have the passion, I don't have money. I believe I will need a lot of their wisdom. It all started there, and the rest, as they say, is HISTORY. (Read: I became the first Online Core Team member - it's because I am based in Iloilo.)

CA2020 made me stronger. I thought I was, until they pointed out that the failures I experienced was out of my tendency to express so much emotion on something. I usually get too happy, sad, angry, bitter that I end up wasting a lot of time to create a life full of possibilities. I started to meet the rest of the core team members both virtually and personally. I found a new family in them. I learned the following too:

* Attitudes of Success
* Leadership Skills
* Communication Skills
* People Skills
* Overcoming personal fears, doubts and lack of confidence
* Overcoming fear of rejection
* Money Management Skills
* Investing Skills
* Accountability Skills
* Time Management Skills
* Goal Setting
* Systemization


No comments:

Post a Comment